Thursday, March 27, 2014

Coolers!

I FINALLY got to start working on my cooler because classes died down slightly. Well, really I just get to have one day off before my life turns back into the busy mess it was before. 

So as I start this I'm about to say what I always say: no tutorial. Sorry. I just wanted to get the hang of cooler painting before I started snapping progress pictures and write a tutorial. 

Also, I freehanded everything so there really isn't much to give a tutorial on anyways. 

But anywho, let's begin! 

 I saw this and decided to be really ambitious and try to copy this! Frankly, I don't think I did TOO bad (: 


Haha, my feet. Just ignore them! 

To make the ocean took me two tries and a couple of hours. I eventually decided that for me it was easiest to paint the ocean a bace color and then add the accent colors and mix without changing brushes. It gave me the layering of color I was looking for. Further, I made sure my paint strokes were swirly and wave-like because it will dry that way and give an appearance of movement (at least in my opinion). 

The letters were simple. I just used my handwriting and wrote it in my handwriting. Simple (: 


This is where you'll really hate me. There's no tutorial and no mini tutorial like that above. 


I just free handed everything! I looked at my reference picture and drew! 


I think it turned out great though! The next sides of the coolers will be tutorials though! Get excited! 

No comments:

Post a Comment