Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Graduation Gift

My cousin is graduating from HS Saturday (yay her!) and we knew we were just going to give her money. After roaming around through Hobby Lobby for a separate craft job we saw that shadow boxes were 50% off! Then we remembered this nifty little pin we saw!


We knew instantly we needed to replicate this! This won't be a picture tutorial (because frankly it's too easy for that!)

Supplies:
Shadow box
Scrapbook paper to replicate chalkboard
School themed dimensional stickers
Paint pen/paint
Money!(;

I turned the shadow box on its side with the clasp to open and close on top. It made the "kick stand" on it still functioning. 

I then folder the scrapbook paper to fit in the inside of the shadow box. I folded it rather than cut it to keep some of the 3D feel to it since I had to take out the padded backing of the shadow box.

The chalkboard holder along the bottom was leftover from when my parents did their floors! We did have to cut it down to the appropriate length, nothing Dad couldn't handle! 

The next step was easy! I placed the cut piece of wood along the bottom of the scrapbook paper to complete the "chalkboard." Then I placed stickers wherever I felt along that bottom line.

I did place some temporary money where I wanted it to figure out spacing. The last step was writing "In case of emergency...BREAK GLASS!" in paint pen. 


 

And ta-da you're all done! It's a much prettier way of giving money and it took very little effort. Hope you enjoy! 






No comments:

Post a Comment