Thursday, May 23, 2013

Wreaths upon wreaths

I've figured that I should at least show you the many wreaths I have made. Even though I don't have a picture tutorial for it, I can just verbally sum it up for you. I realized quickly that I'm OBSESSED with making wreaths. Truly.



This is the first wreath I ever made. I did it this Christmas for my grandmother. Each ornament represents the grand kids. We are all little snowmen/women and our names are on them. For my first wreath, it was not too shabby!



Of course I made a deco mesh wreath! How could I not? My great grandmother was in a nursing home after breaking her hip and I wanted to brighten up her dull room. This wreath has caused many to ask me to make them one! I'm so proud of it! And it's on Pinterest so if you've seen it there, I'm proud to claim it! (Original pinner, yeah!) 




My take on a western themes wreath. My Tia requested this and I obliged. I will say however that this was SO difficult. I couldn't grasp the western theme as strongly as I wanted. It didn't turn out awful though and she loved it so that counts for something! The black pieces are actually hot glue painted black and sprinkled in glitter! 



I put a layer of Modge Podge on top trying to seal it but it matted the glitter...a mistake I won't make again. The idea was great though!


 

And finally, a Cadbury egg & Peeps wreath! This was an "Easter basket" gift for my Tio. The peeps are wrapped in Saran Wrap so it'd be edible and last more than a day without being stale.

That's all for now! Eventually I may do a tutorial for the deco mesh wreath. I hope you enjoy these wreaths and they inspire you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment