Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I present my Quiet Book!


 


Noah's Arc: I knew I wanted to put finger puppets in this book and originally thought I would put the infamous barn in here. However, as soon as I saw Noah's Arc on Pinterest I knew I had to do that instead! My cousin and his family is very religious and I knew it'd be appreciated. I didn't use any templates on any of the pages. Mainly because I was too lazy to go to the computer and print it out. My finger puppets are kind of sad but they're recognizable so I'm okay with it.

Monkey: I wrote on the felt using puffy paint and it worked fairly well for me. I didn't have the patience to cut letters out of felt and this will add a new texture to the book as well. 



Shapes: Super typical, I know! I decided to sew buttons onto the top shape because I had a ton of buttons I needed to find a use for. 
 
Itsy, Bitsy, Spider: I WISH I could take credit for this page but I can't! (Links to all my inspiration will be posted at the end). It's just adorable though! I used buttons for the center of the flower to hide all my ugly and uneven flower petals! 

 
Gum balls: This page is my personal favorite. Each gum ball is doubled in order to hide the Velcro poking through! 
 
Race Track/Street: Okay, it's sad. I know. Like I said this was on rush delivery and so many little details were cut out. All Micaiah ended up with was a house and a pond. At least for now. I plan on making little pieces that perhaps he can put anywhere or I'll ask his mom to glue/sew on for me. 
 
Fishbowl: This page turned into Dr. Seuss because who doesn't love Dr. Seuss? The fishbowl holds 3 free fish for Micaiah to freely play with. The Dr. Seuss  fish were hot glued on because it was too difficult to even attempt to sew. 

That's my finished product! Everything is hand sewn because I'm a complete beginner at sewing. My mom sewed the pages together but she is also a beginner. It was time consuming but worthwhile. I'm in the process of making more pages and those posts will be far more detailed! 

       Links to where I took inspiration!



No comments:

Post a Comment